No one told me:
- How tired I would be. I was prepared for new born baby tired. I was not prepared to be exhausted five months later. I was really expecting that once Little B started sleeping through the night I was golden. I was not ready to have O waking up, and of course they never wake up at the same time.
- How long it takes to get out the door with two kids. Now it has always taken me a while to get out the door. I want to make sure I have everything. But really, now it takes for ever. I even watch the clock and start earlier and earlier and still seem to leave late for where ever we are going.
- How to get on a schedule. With O I was able to get him on a schedule so that he was sleeping and waking about the same time every day. He was predicable, I knew when he would get up and when he would sleep and eat. Now with Little B there is no schedule except when it is time to leave the house he wants to sleep. I feel bad for him and I feel like he is always tire.
- How to get both boys to nap at the same time. Right now it seems like they only nap one at a time. Most people say that is great then you get one on one time. This is true but it also means 6 hours of naps a day and nothing getting done. I can't clean or vacuum when O is sleeping and when O is up he wants to play and interact so no cleaning. I have tried to push O's nap back so that he will nap when Little B does, but this has seemed to backfire and Little B will not nap.
- The joy I would have seeing my two boys play together. I love now that Little B is old enough to interact with O. He will laugh and smile at him and it is so much fun.
- How much I would love my boys and my family. I love them so much it almost makes me cry. I love to spend time with them and do different things. I love to just watch them grow.
- How much my life would change. Now I knew my life would change when we had O. We were going from just us to having a baby to be responsible for. That is all new, but baby two you already know it all right? Well that is wrong. I may know what to expect with a baby and I may be more relax with this baby but boy I did not know the changes that would happen. Why didn't anyone tell me?