Thursday, November 4, 2010

The tables have turned

  As a teacher I used to write the note home to the parents letting them know what their son or daughter has been up to.  I will have to say I always tried to write as many positive notes as I did negative ones.  But the negative ones were the ones I hated.  They are such a pain in the but.  I don't want to write them, the kid does not want to take them home and most parents don't want to read them.  No one wants to deal with them.  I was always annoyed when I did not get much of a response from the parents when I would speak about a problem a student was having or when they would just blow the note off.
    Well the tables have turned:
  Here it is O's note home about his bad day.  It is not the first one we have had but it is the one that made me think about my reaction.  I just walked out and re read it to make sure I knew what it said.  I was not surprised by it and what O had done but embarrassed.  I know that what he is doing is right on developmentally but I just don't feel like dealing with it.  He is a teacher's child and should know better, right?  I don't think it works that way.  So we talked about it and shared it with daddy.  Hopefully it will not happen again.

Oh the tables have turned and I am not receiving the bad notes and not writing them.  I never really thought about this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment