Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh a sledding we shall go!

    Last week we got our first real good snow.  Now it was only like 5 inches but that is enough to go hit the hills with the sleds.  This snow came with ice before hand making things messy and causing us to lose power.  When I say lose power, I mean for 49 hours we had no power.  So that meant most of the days sitting by the fire or bundled up in the beds.  That also meant that taking the boys sledding was not going to be a family event.  So hubby took O for the first time to a local sledding hill, and yes I was kind of sad that I had to miss it in order to stay with the fire.  Becuase I missed his first real sledding experience we decided to redue when the power was on and we all could go.
It was a hike to get to the hill that they went on just the other day and I will have to say I was not sure this was going to be a good trip.  It must have been my mommy instances because when we got there the hill did not look that great, infact it looked icey.  But O wanted to go down and hubby let him.  I pulled Little B down the side of the hill so I could get some photos of O coming down.  Little did I know that he would be coming down in the round blue sled.  Here is how it played out:



  And it ended looking like this:

Poor guy.  But I will have to say he is such a trooper, we found another hill that was not as big and was snow covered and he sledded till I had to drag him off the hill.


He had so much fun.  Now I am not sure what Little B thought, he was just along for the ride.


 All in all we had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment