Friday, August 5, 2011

Road trip to . . . Ohio

  Last weekend was our summer trip to Ohio.  Both of my parents are from Cleveland and so other than my parents and brother the rest of the family is in Ohio.  So going there has been part of my life and has become part of my boy's lives.  It will be sad when it is not part of our lives anymore, and I am sad to say that  might happen sooner than I would like to think. 


    I think visiting Cleveland is fun.  It is fun to see my family, and it is fun to see my sons learning about a different state and seeing family they don't normally see.  The fact that both my great grandfathers are alive means that when we go there is 4 generations in one location.  I just think that is cool.

  The boys did great on both the trip up and the trip home.  6 hours is a long time to sit in a car.  We decided to do the trip during the day and they both did so well.  I was not sure how Little B would do since he is still rear facing but his seat recline back enough that he was able to watch some of the movies.

    We went up an extra day so that we could do some fun things in the Cleveland area.  Of course it rained but we still hit the Science Center.  I wanted to go to the zoo, but we will have to save that for next trip.  The Science center was good and we even took my uncle.  I think we all had a good time.






   O seemed to really enjoy himself even though it was all a bit over his head.  I don't think he really understood what all the displays were doing but he had fun playing with all the different things.

Now the big his was the kid room and the ball pit.  The outside water area was closed since it was raining but I don't think my kids even missed it.  They loved playing in the ball pit.


  We did visit family while we were there.  I would have to say one of my favorite times was when my grandfather was playing ball with Little B.  It was the oldest and the youngest playing and it was cool.


 While we were there we got to meet the newest addition to the family.  My cousin had a baby, so here are the new cousins.  I know they are not first cousins but they are cousins and that is cool.

 We did have good weather while we were there.  I was in the mid 80s which was much better than the 101 that we left.  We got to take the boys swimming in the river.  Now I say river but it is only ankle deep.  They seemed to have a good time.


There was basket ball to learn how to play:

and lots of games and running in the yard.
I would have to say that it was a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment