Saturday, July 17, 2010

Follow by example

So I have been amazed lately at how much O has become a big boy. He is in that developmental stage now were he does a lot of role playing and mimics the adults in his life.   I find that he uses his phones to call people that we know to ask the questions and he is always fixing something or building something.  He will even walk around feeding his baby doll just like mommy feeds little B.  Now I really need a picture of this but he will only do it when I am feeding B and of course I don't have the camera ready. Today O went with Rob to work with Granddad on Aunt Ada's shed.  They were putting the roof on.  So he came home and was telling me all about it.  He then proceeded to go out back to play.  I looked outside and found this:


When I asked him what he was doing he responded with "I am working on the roof like Granddad and Daddy."  He then showed me how to carefully get down and back up again.  He said that he climbed up like Santa does.  Don't ask me where that came from.  I guess because his favorite book for the week is Elmo's Night Before Christmas.
     Oh how people can make such an impression on one little boy.  He sees them do something and he is home trying it himself.  I have to love him for it, but boy do I have to watch what I do and say.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing what they pick up on, and how quickly they learn at that age.

    I'm so jealous of your yard, we have ONE tree in our front yard :(

    Stephanie
    http://www.dirtandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! thanks for visiting me at My Junk Drawer!

    I love this stage that kids go through too.

    I am following now too.:)

    ReplyDelete