Friday, January 7, 2011

Acid Reflux

  Acid Reflux,  it is a fact of life in our house.  Both boys have it and as the doctor said today they have an impressive case of it.  O who is almost 4 is still on his reflux meds and my poor baby boy is on a max dose to keep him comfortable.  So today's discussion with the doctor was where do we go from here.  The answer is the beginning of test.  Both boys will be getting blood work and different kinds of test.  Xrays and they may even have to be scoped.  I want them to be healthy and I want to treat anything that may be a problem but boy I don't want to put my babies through all of this.
   You know the sad thing I discovered today was how I have accepted Acid Reflux as a part of our lives.  In our conversation with the doctor I was asking about what to do about Little B and the fact that he seems to have it worse than O, which he agreed with me about, but he also said that O still had it quit bad.  That made me stop and think.  I have just accepted O's reflux and even felt like his case was not so bad.  Now I have nothing to compare it to so I don't really know; and I know that most children outgrow this by age one and O will be 4.  But I have kind of looked passed that.  I have just accepted it as the way of life in our house.  Well that is about to change!
  So Acid Reflux is going to have it's ugly self moved out of my house.  It may linger and let me know it is still part of our family for now but we are going to work on removing it from this happy home.  My boys will have their test and hopefully we will find out the cause and how to treat this ugly thing making it move out forever!
  As these next couple of days, weeks and months come along I will continue to pray for my boys and for their health.  I am praying for the doctors to learn what they need to treat my boys and make they healthy and happy.  My one request to anyone who is reading this is to please keep my boys in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. oh, it's such a bummer that you have to deal with this! i really hope you can find the cause and deal with it. keep investigating and keep praying for those precious boys!! x

    ReplyDelete