Saturday, August 20, 2011

20 years of friendship

    Last night I went out to dinner with my friend Kristin.  We went to celebrate our 20 year anniversary of our friendship.  That is a long time.  It was 20 years ago in August that I meet Kristin when we first started band camp in high school  She was a year older than me but we both played the flute.  Our friendship started there and has build and grown into a wonderful relationship that we have now. 

     We have been through the think and thin with each other.  We have been through boyfriends, and break ups,  going to college and the tuff times with taking classes.  We have  been there for each other with set back in school and with family.  We have been in weddings and watch as we each met the men that are now our husbands.  We made it through her divorce and her second marriage. We have been there for each other with the birth on my children and now is the time that she is trying to start her family, yeah!

     Dinner was fun.  It has been a while since we have gotten together just the two of us and had time to chat.  It was fun to be out and just talk about our lives now an in the past.  We talked about  all the proms and dances we went to and with what boys we went with.  We thought back to the funny stories of our first kisses and when she told me she had sex for the first time.  We went from remembering the past to talking about our current lives and what is going on now.  Her new job, what my plans are for the weekend.  How my boys are.  We even had time to talk about the future.  Will I go back to work in the classroom, what she thinks she will do once she has a baby.  How are things going on the baby front.  It was one great dinner and conversations.

I don't know what I would do without a friend like Kristin.  She has been through the thick and thin with me. Don't get me wrong, there are a few other friends of mine that are very important to me, but I just have not known them for as long as I have known Kristin.  I hope that we continue to have such a good friendship and that in 20 years we can go to dinner and look back at our lives again.

No comments:

Post a Comment